Director of Influencer Relations and Content Marketing
iland is looking for an experienced and highly-motivated Director of Influencer Relations and Content Marketing to lead the development, execution, and measurement of influencer programs that reinforce iland’s technology market and global thought leadership position. This leader will be responsible for global public and analyst relations, internal communications and brand awareness content creation.
The ideal candidate will possess serious writing skills, strong program management skills, a hands-on approach, and a proven record of generating high-impact earned awareness. This person will position iland as an industry leader and cloud service partner of choice, ensure global message consistency while experimenting with new angles to pitch a story. Strategic, flexible, and resourceful, this leader thrives on building the right kind of buzz with the right audiences.
The role will report to iland’s Vice President of Marketing and will be based out of our Houston, TX headquarters.
- Collaborate to develop corporate and product-specific messaging campaigns, and maintain a calendar of key program elements to drive proactive influencer activities
- Manage and oversee day-to-day communications activities with PR agency partners and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with demand generation, product marketing and events teams to support programs with relevant content, PR, AR and social media components
- Work with internal marketing partners to plan product launch outreach, including scheduling pre-briefs with targeted industry analysts, securing customer quotes or analyst and media references.
- Maintain a master calendar for all internal and external communications
- Proactively communicate relevant news, information, and business developments to the industry analysts, influencer community and internal teams as applicable
- Create top of the funnel awareness content in all formats - social posts, byline articles, event speaking spots, etc.
- Work with internal teams to create iland team updates, i.e. product launch dates, new media coverage, customers wins, partner updates, etc.
- Monitor industry and competitive news coverage, surface data and trends, and proactively identify thought-leadership opportunities that can be used in compelling storylines relevant to iland’s business.
- Track, measure and report on the impact/effectiveness of influencer programs and initiatives.
- Strong ability to collaborate with others for success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with aggressive growth goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience; ideal candidate has tech experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of communications campaign development and execution.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; experience working in a matrix environment where creating collaboration and managing up are required for generating results.
- Strategic thinker with keen tactical execution skills, attention to detail, and ability to turn complex, technology-heavy topics into digestible, compelling stories.
- Proven ability to understand and execute paid, earned, owned and shared media operations, and link efforts to overall business goals.
- Grace under pressure.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Stock Plan
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- PPO Healthcare Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
iland has been in business for over 20 years, and is an industry leader in the areas of Secure Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Secure Cloud Backup (BaaS), and Secure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). iland differentiates itself and maintains its market leadership by investing heavily in its proprietary Cloud Console, which is an orchestration tool for its cloud services offered in the US, UK and Singapore. The result of this investment is a rapid development cycle with up to four product releases per year. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment that has been recognized by these industry leaders and more:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Disaster Recovery as a Service Leader: 2016-2018
- Zerto Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- Veeam Service Provider of the Year: 2016
- The Forrester Wave Top DR-as-a-Service Providers: Q1 2014
- Houston Business Journal #1 Best Place to Work: 2012 & 2013
- Nine Lives Media Inc. Talkin’ Cloud 100: 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Houston Business Journal Houston Fast 100: 2012 & 2013
- Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider (Cisco Powered)
- VMware Global Service Provider Partner (VSPP) of the Year: 2010-2012