Vice President of Technical Operations
iland is looking for an experienced Vice President of Technical Operations to provide effective leadership to our customer-facing technical and support teams. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all activities relating to creating a superior customer experience, including Engineering, Customer Service, Professional Services, and the Network Operations Center.
This person will communicate the company’s objectives and methodology to the team, mentoring where necessary, and maintaining a customer-centric, yet profitable, model of IT operations and support. This is a highly visible role from an SLA, provisioning, and customer service perspective, and will help define who iland is.
This is a full-time position, based in our Houston, TX headquarters, and reports to the iland’s Executive Team.
- Ensure that iland meets its SLA obligations for availability and support.
- Ensure structure and methodology is in place to manage a global 24x7 customer-service-oriented engineering, support, and operations team.
- Develop a budget and business plan for the department with annual and quarterly objectives.
- Keep different teams on track and working in sync on an ongoing basis.
- IT infrastructure capacity management; experience with hardware and datacenter lifecycle management; hardware and software inventory; manage vendor relationships.
- Ensure efficiencies and standardization through documented blueprints, automation, and processes and procedures for the ongoing operations of our cloud environments.
- Proactively monitor the health of all cloud infrastructures through planning and proactive maintenance and lifecycle management; report on operational metrics.
- Stay up-to-date on cloud inventory status, track and manage support contracts with hardware vendors.
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field required
- Minimum 15 years of IT experience
- Minimum 8 years in a management/leadership role
- Excellent knowledge of IT infrastructure, including networking, security, storage, virtualization, data centers, and operating systems
The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- Experienced IT leader who can lead a growing IT organization, manage change, and motivate a team
- Customer-service oriented
- Professional, ethical, positive, and winning attitude
- International experience managing an infrastructure that spans several countries
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Stock Plan
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- PPO Healthcare Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
iland has been in business for 25 years, and is an industry leader in the areas of Secure Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Secure Cloud Backup (BaaS), and Secure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). iland differentiates itself and maintains its market leadership by investing heavily in its proprietary Cloud Console, which is an orchestration tool for its cloud services offered in the US, Europe, Australia, and Singapore. The result of this investment is a rapid development cycle with up to four product releases per year. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment that has been recognized by these industry leaders and more:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Disaster Recovery as a Service Leader: 2016-2018
- Zerto Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- Veeam Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- The Forrester Wave Top DR-as-a-Service Providers: Q1 2014
- Houston Business Journal #1 Best Place to Work: 2012 & 2013
- Nine Lives Media Inc. Talkin’ Cloud 100: 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Houston Business Journal Houston Fast 100: 2012 & 2013
- Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider (Cisco Powered)
- VMware Global Service Provider Partner (VSPP) of the Year: 2010-2012